Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July Juice Month - What it's all about.....

Hello and welcome to anyone who will read this.

This month, July 2009, I will be going on an "ALL LIQUID" diet.

Last year, one of my fellow firefighters (and wife) lost thier 6 wk old son. When it was all said and done, it was found that he died of Bacterial Meningitis. So this year, Zak wanted to do something as a memorial and to help raise money to go to the Meningitis Foundation of America. Their goal is to support sufferers of meningitis and their families, To educate the public and medical professionals about meningitis so that its early diagnosis and treatment will save lives, and to support the development of vaccines and other methods of preventing meningitis.

Anyway, he was looking for support and for others that would be willing to take the challenge with him and I volunteered.

So....

On June 30th I weighed in and I'm back up to where I was once upon a time at 295.6 lbs. My goal is to lose 45.6 lbs in a month. It's pretty steep, but I'll give it a shot.

If you would like to sponsor me or make a one time donation it would be greatly appreciated.

You can do this by dropping me a note at kadle@comcast.net with your name, phone number, and amount you want to donate and I'll contact you when we are done (July 31) and let you know how much I have lost.

If you would like to do a one time donation you can email me and I will send you my mailing address and let you know who to make the check out to and so forth.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you can, thanks for helping this cause.

Brian K.

1 comment:

  1. BK, this is such a hard diet going from your regular meals to a liquid diet, I had tomato soup for dinner and noticed how boring it was with out grill cheese. Keep up the good work. We can get thru this and met our goals. Angel

    ReplyDelete